Home improvement and remodelling is a costly affair. In addition to the cost, it demands manpower and time, which can be tiresome. However, every homeowner dreams of having a home that is welcoming and beautiful to breathe and live. But because of the monetary concerns, many are unable to realize this dream to the fullest potential. That’s why we are sharing some budget-friendly home improvement ideas. This would require minimal time and effort on your part. On the whole, it’s a win-win situation.
- Declutter Your Space: The first step in the home improvement is to declutter your space. Start by removing all the unnecessary things you have in your house. Go for space management, like organizers and cabinets to store things systematically. Once, you have cleaned your space; get it sanitized.
- Get Some Freshness: Cleaned and organized spaces look more spacious and beautiful to live in. For freshness, odour removal, and natural beauty, get in some plants and flowers. If you have a balcony, make a balcony garden. If not, in the corners of the living room, kitchen, and bedroom have potted plants and flowers.
- You can have vases of fresh red, yellow, pink, white flowers on cabinets and bedside tables.
- On the dining table, keep pots of Lucky Bamboo.
- In the corners, place plants that add height to the room.
- In the kitchen, you can have some herbs and vegetables for delicious food as well.
- Drapes and Cushions: Drapes and cushions are important as they help curb noise pollution and add texture. Floor-length drapes are for adding height and visual appeal into the room. Blinds are more costly than curtains. You can have mix-matched cushions or the personalised ones too. Even with drapes, you can create patterns. Hang one printed and one plain curtain in contrasting colours.
- Couch and Chairs: Statement chairs and cushions for the royal feels. You can go with a couch, ottoman or those Maharaja chairs in the room or drawing-room. Go for bright colours like red, purple, orange and green for a dash of colour as well. Painting the whole house would cost you much more than the couch and chairs. You can revamp your old one as into the new. Install hanging chairs in the garden or balcony.
- Lightening: Invest in lightning. Bright homes are more positive and make space look bigger than the darker ones. You do not have to change the whole house lightning, instead, make installations wherever necessary. Go for LED lights to save on energy cost. Put up fairy lights if you have to cut down on the cost. Tubelights, bulbs, and other light equipment can be installed in dark places.
- Remould Kitchen and Bathroom: These two are important in a home as your drawing room and bedrooms. You can remould them a bit when thinking about home improvements. Change the mirrors and cabinets. Use plants and potpourris. If you have a budget, change the tiles and flooring as well. In the kitchen, you can experiment with cutlery, crockery, and storage boxes.
Hope this will help you in transforming your home into your dream home.